Detroit Driven (DD), which is a nonprofit-based PR campaign/initiative that’s focused around telling the story of Detroit and Detroiters to a local and national audience, is seeking a results-driven student for a semester-long video production project. The mission is to serve as a bridge between government, small businesses, entrepreneurs and community organizations in Detroit, the state and across the country. One key way of telling Detroit’s stories will be via photos and videos.
Detroit Driven is seeking a student to interview, shoot and edit videos that will be produced and distributed via DD’s channels.
Various projects and duties to be performed by an intern are:
- Contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Performing filmed interviews
- Editing video footage
- Attending client meetings/calls
- Day-of/project execution
- Working with DD team to develop scripts
- Additional responsibilities to be determined
- 1-2 portfolio samples
- Access to own equipment (DD will not provide camera or editing equipment)
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong understanding of client confidentiality. Will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Internet access to perform work duties
- “Go-getter” attitude, high-level of self-esteem, confidence and poise
- Physical ability to move up to 25 lbs
Many duties required of the position can be done at home/school, however mileage reimbursement will be provided. The position requires conference calls and/or in-person meetings. The project schedule is flexible and can be determined by agreed upon terms, however will be strongly based on interviewee’s availability.
Compensation reliant on experience.
To apply please email letter of intent, resume and a work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org